5 June 2013

When Plans Don't Go As Planned...

Happy Wednesday!

Now I'm not going to mention how bad I have been about updating this blog. 

Actually, I'll talk about it a little. 

This journey, as I've mentioned before, it very emotional and I have been an emotional mess these past couple of weeks. 

First the good news: I applied for the Kingston University Scholarship last month as well as a couple other ones. I'm still waiting to hear back sooooo FINGERS CROSSED!
I also applied for campus housing which is really exciting!

Now the (semi) bad news: I went to apply for a loan for school and long story short, I can't get the loan. 
That really threw a wrench into my plans because I wasn't counting entirely on scholarships and now I'm pretty much out of luck for the time being. I've also looked and apparently there are more scholarships for people going to school in the UK for their graduate programme rather than for undergrad. This presents a problem. Apparently what I'm doing isn't the norm for Americans...

But I digress! 

There are a lot of other factors that are private but that's the gist of it. 

I've been trying to not worry about it but it's kind of difficult because I've wanted this for so long and the time is getting closer and I have to pay to get this visa! UGH! 

*breathe*

I'm even getting to the point that I don't even want to talk about it because every time someone mentions me leaving, I keep seeing the email from the lender in my inbox telling me something I don't want to hear. I am trying to have a positive attitude because anything can happen between now 

I feel bad that I can't offer tips for you guys but I hope that I can show you guys the real side of getting to university; that things don't always go as planned. You have to stay positive, intuitive and flexible to whatever comes. 

You also need to surround yourself with people who are going to encourage you and not bring you down. Find people who will listen to you and provide guidance that is in your best interest. 

Anyways, I know this is going up pretty late in the UK but thanks for still being here! I hope to be more forthcoming with you in the future. If you have any ideas as to what I should do, leave them below! Haha! United we stand. Woo! 

Make sure you check me out on Twitter and Instagram because I post there literally every day...seriously. #addicted. 

Thanks again! Cheers!

xx Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment